Innovative Systems LLC

Innovative Systems Product Video

My Youtube

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Personal and Business code of ethics




Aloha from Jim Courtney

“I agree to:


  • Maintain the highest level of professional standards as an employee/citizen/father/brother/spouse/student/friend/associate/teacher/neighbor or any other interaction with fellow human beings and conduct myself with honesty and integrity at all times towards all people.

  • Show respect for my work and contribution to my company and offer my best efforts every day by presenting pertinent, accurate, and objective information.

  • Keep confidences about my company’s business; I will avoid gossip and harsh criticism of others and consistently offer an attitude of understanding toward all people.

  • Listen carefully and allow people to give me information without interrupting them or arguing with them.

  • Honor my company and its resources and not squander, steal, or damage its assets; and be punctual and honor the value of time.

  • Accept responsibility for the duties that have been assigned to me each day and collaborate with others in a spirit of teamwork to accomplish defined goals.

  • Continually improve my skills as a person and as an employee through educational enhancement programs to perform my job in a timely way at a high level of excellence.

  • Exhibit high moral character as an individual and not engage in any illegal behaviors that might reduce my value to the company in the eyes of my employer.

  • Offer praise and encouragement to my co-workers when appropriate and be pleasant to people in my business dealings.

  • Show respect to all people in the workplace and honor diversity in all areas including age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic background, nationality, and religion

The Six Pillars of Character

1. Trustworthiness
Be honest • Don’t deceive, cheat or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends and country
2. Respect
Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule • Be tolerant of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements
3. Responsibility
Do what you are supposed to do • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences • Be accountable for your choices
4. Fairness
Play by the rules • Take turns and share • Be open-minded; listen to others • Don’t take advantage of others • Don’t blame others carelessly
5. Caring
Be kind • Be compassionate and show you care • Express gratitude • Forgive others • Help people in need
6. Citizenship
Do your share to make your school and community better • Cooperate • Get involved in community affairs • Stay informed; vote • Be a good neighbor • Obey laws and rules • Respect authority • Protect the environment

No comments: